Permits for classes

You will note on the registrar's course listing that most upper level Chemistry courses require a permit. If you are seeking a permit for one of these classes, please contact your advisor and have them fill out a permit request sheet to submit to our office.

If you are requesting a permit to take a class without the corresponding corequisite please email our office ( with the information listed below. If your are currently taking the course that you are seeking a permit for, you will be added to a wait list and once final grades are posted we will begin to issue permits.

Example: You wish to take CHE 1101 without the lab. You would submit the following information to our office:

  • Name: John Doe
  • Banner ID: 900XXXXXX
  • Major: Exercise Science
  • Class permit is needed: CHE 1101
  • Reason you need the permit: Passed the lab section but did not pass the lecture section.
  • Semester you took the corrsponding lecture/lab: Spring 2016
  • Semester you will be taking the course for the permit: Spring 2018

How to register for Chemistry classes (PDF, 1.3 MB)

Reserved Seating Survey