New Directions to Drop a Course:
- If the student wants to drop a course that does not have a lab co-requisite they can do that on line through Appalnet.
- If a student wants to drop both lab and lecture courses that are co-requisites of each other they can do that on-line through Appalnet.
- Only if the student wants to keep a lecture or lab for courses that are co-requisites of each other they need to complete the form.
- If a student would like to drop CHE 1101 and the student is taking BIO 1801 they need to use the drop form to ask to keep BIO 1801 and needs to be approved by the BIO department. The co-requisite for BIO 1801 id CHE 1101.
1. Student completes the fillable Drop/Add Course Form.
2. Student needs to email the completed form to their instructor of course being dropped. When the student sends the form to the instructor the student needs to copy the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Student forwards the approval from the instructor to Dr. Cartaya-Marin (email@example.com) and copies: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Dr. Cartaya-Marin will send her approval to the Dean's office and will copy the student
5. Once both approvals are received in the CAS office , the drop form will be processed.
Effective immediately March 30, 2020.
New Drop Date: May 12
Withdrawal Date: May 12
Registration Begins: April 8
Notes to students:
- May 12 is the day after final grades are due.
- Students may go online and drop any course at any time between now and then.
- These drops will not count as career drops.
- All drops this semester after March 9 will be judged as to have been impacted by COVID -19, so will not count as career drops.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact the office via telephone 828-262-3010 or email email@example.com.