- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, Heidelberg University, Germany, 2012
- Mentor: Michel R. Gagné
- B.S. Chemistry, Heidelberg University, Germany, 2009
- In 2015 Dr. Weber joined the chemistry department at Appalachian State University as a lecturer and was promoted to Assistant Professor in 2017.
- Post-doctoral Research Associate at the Max-Planck Institute for Coal Research
- Research Mentor: Alois Fürstner
Dr. Weber’s research focuses on sustainable organic synthesis guided by the principles of green chemistry. He currently has several ongoing research projects centered on microwave-assisted organic reactions, the application of biocatalysis in organic synthesis, the design of cascading/tandem/one-pot reactions, and on the development of new experiments for organic teaching laboratories.
Selected Publications: TBA
Title: Assistant Professor, Research Mentor
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-7841