Permits and Waitlists
Do you need a permit?
Fill out the Permit Request Form to receive:
- Permission to register for only one part of a Chemistry course (retakes and non-degree students only)
- Assistance with pre-requisite errors
- Assistance with registering due to reserved seating errors or capacity limits (Biochemistry, please see below for waitlist.)
Does the course listing state that permission of department chairperson is required?
If you are seeking a permit for CHE 2210/2211, 3301/3303, 3560/3561, or 4800, please contact your advisor for submission to the chemistry office.
Biochemistry: CHE 4580/4581 & 4582
Chemistry Course Search for Reserved Seating
Please try to register for all lab sections with available seats before reaching out to the department!
If you are having trouble finding a lab section that has a reserved seat for your major, the Chemistry Course Search tool is now available in Appalnet as the last item on the Registration tab. It allows you to search for sections of Chemistry courses that have reserved seating and determine which sections have available seats that are reserved for your major.
For more information on how to use this resource, please watch the following video.
- We do not use reserved seating on our Summer classes and the Chemistry Course Search will not work for these courses.
Next Steps if You Can't Initially Find a Seat
If you have tried every lab and lecture section and are unable to successfully register:
- Build a schedule with other classes you need. Remember that 12 hours is the minimum for full-time status but that 15-16 is preferred.
- Please be flexible and look for places you can change your schedule to get a CHE seat.
- Fill out the Permit Request Form. This is the best way to reach us so we will be able to have all the information needed to help you. You will receive a confirmation email from us in 24-48 hours and will ask for additional information if needed.
Be patient and stay calm. We are able to help most students into classes once registration has closed!
- Students are able to register before knowing if they have passed their pre-requisites. Therefore, these students will be dropped which will open seats.
- Please continue to hunt for open CHE Lab and Lecture seats until the 5th day of the semester. Although we will hope to have helped you into a class prior to this.
- If you have reached out to the Chemistry department be sure to frequently check your email for responses from email@example.com.