Do you only need one part of a Chemistry course or need to be added to a waitlist?
Fill out the Permit Request Form.
- You will note on the registrar's course listing that some upper-level Chemistry courses require a permit. If you are seeking a permit for CHE 2210/2211, 3301/3303, 3560/3561, or 4800, please contact your advisor and have them fill out a permit request sheet to submit to our office.
Biochemistry: CHE 4580/4581 & 4582
If these classes are full please complete the Fall 2021 Biochemistry waitlist form. The Biochemistry faculty will determine if additional students will be added to sections prior to the start of classes. You will be notified by email if you are able to receive a permit.
Chemistry Course Search for Reserved Seating
The reserved seats have now (7/22/21) been released for all majors but the Chemistry Course Search will not reflect this information. Please try to register for all lab sections with available seats before reaching out to the department!
If you are having trouble finding a lab section that has a reserved seat for your major, the Chemistry Course Search tool is now available in Appalnet as the last item on the Registration tab. It allows you to search for sections of Chemistry courses that have reserved seating and determine which sections have available seats that are reserved for your major.
For more information on how to use this resource, please watch the following video.
- We do not use reserved seating on our Summer classes and the Chemistry Course Search will not work for these courses.
Next Steps if You Can't Initially Find a Seat
If you have tried every lab and lecture section and are unable to successfully register:
- Build a schedule with other classes you need. Remember that 12 hours is the minimum for full-time status but that 15-16 is preferred.
- Please be flexible and look for places you can change your schedule to get a CHE seat.
- Fill out the Permit Request Form. This is the best way to reach us so we will be able to have all the information needed to help you. You will receive a confirmation email from us in 24-48 hours and will ask for additional information if needed.
Be patient and stay calm. We are able to help most students into classes once registration has closed!
- Students are able to register before knowing if they have passed their pre-requisites. Therefore, these students will be dropped which will open seats.
- Please continue to hunt for open CHE Lab and Lecture seats until the 5th day of the semester. Although we will hope to have helped you into a class prior to this.
- If you have reached out to the Chemistry department be sure to frequently check your email for responses from firstname.lastname@example.org.