- Undergraduate and master’s degree from Tribhuvan University, located in Nepal
- Ph.D. from Baylor University, located in Waco, Texas.
- Dr. Dhungana joined the faculty of the Chemistry Department at Appalachian State University in the Fall of 2020
- Postdoctoral work in both the Department of Environmental Science and the Department of Chemistry at Baylor University
- His area of expertise is in Analytical chemistry with a focus on chromatography and mass spectrometry-based separation and analysis techniques.